Forgot to defrost your frozen chicken? Feel free to add them to the Instant Pot without thawing. Just keep the potatoes whole and increase cook time in STEP 3 to 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley for a pop of freshness.
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup white wine
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 ½ lbs golden potatoes, quartered
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Trim roots and darkest green from the leeks. Thinly slice leeks and submerge in large bowl of water. Swish and separate rings to release grit. Drain and then submerge and swish in water again. Drain well.
- In a multi-cooker or electric pressure cooker, heat the oil on the sauté function. Add leeks and carrots. Cook until golden, 5 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in the flour. Add the white wine, chicken broth, thyme, and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the chicken.
- Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 10 min. Let pressure release naturally for 10 min. and then press quick-release button. Stir in the peas and let sit 2 min. Remove and discard thyme stems. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make in a slow cooker, omit the flour and add all the remaining ingredients (chicken should be fresh or thawed) to a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- S3 2019
- Calories 351kcal 18%
- Fat 8.0g 12%
- Saturated fat 2.0g 10%
- Carbs 37.0g 12%
- Sodium 193mg 8%
- 6.0g sugar
- 6.0g fiber
- 29.0g protein
- 107mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?