Satisfy your sweet tooth with these chewy coconut treats. Swap out cashews for almonds or walnuts for a different spin.
- ½ cup roasted, salted cashews
- 1 (14 oz) bag sweetened flake coconut
- 3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 10 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a food processor, pulse the cashews until very finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, cashews, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. In another bowl, with hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk the egg whites on medium until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the sugar until medium peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into coconut mixture. With scoop or tablespoon measure, scoop mixture onto lined baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake 20–25 min., until golden brown. Leaving macaroons on parchment, pull sheet onto wire rack to cool completely.
To keep these kosher for Passover, omit the extracts. Instead, scrape vanilla seeds straight from a fresh pod and beat them in along with the sugar.
Use any leftover sweetened condensed milk to create a glaze. Add cocoa powder or espresso powder and drizzle over the macaroons.
- S3 2019
- Calories 74kcal 4%
- Fat 3.7g 6%
- Saturated fat 2.9g 14%
- Carbs 9.7g 3%
- Sodium 47mg 2%
- 7.7g sugar
- 1.0g fiber
- 1.0g protein
- 0mg cholesterol