Baking nachos on a large sheet pan means maximum melty cheese coverage of your tortilla chips. Avocado, tomatoes, and herbs lend a pop of fresh flavor.
- ½ (8 oz) block part-skim mozzarella
- 1 (4 oz) chunk extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (15.5 oz) can red beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 (9 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coarsely grate the mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses.
- Drain and rinse the beans. In a medium bowl, combine beans, chili powder, garlic powder, and 2 tbsp water. Season with salt. With a potato masher or fork, mash beans until pasty.
- Arrange the chips in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Scoop beans all over chips. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 min., until cheese is completely melted.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the avocado and tomatoes. Thinly slice the green onions. Sprinkle avocado and tomatoes all over nachos. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Serve with lime wedges and thinly sliced jalapeños for a kick.
- May 2019
- Guiding Stars