This adorable appetizer is sure to delight both kids and adults alike. Kids can help stir together the dip and put together the “fluffy” mane.
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ½ (1 oz) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 yellow or orange sweet mini pepper
- 3 orange, red, or yellow bell peppers
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 dill pickle slices
- 1 black olive, halved lengthwise
- ½ (16 oz) bag baby carrots or 6 slim carrots, cut up
- 6 chives, cut into 3-inch lengths
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and onion soup mix. Fill 2 small ramekins to the brim with dip and smooth tops. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, halve the mini pepper lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the bottom off 1 bell pepper for the lion’s nose. Seed and thinly slice remaining bell peppers. Cut the celery into 2-inch sections, then cut each lengthwise into thin sticks.
- When ready to serve, arrange ramekins on a circular platter. Top each ramekin with 1 pickle slice and 1 olive half to form eyes. Surround ramekins with the bell pepper slices and carrots. Place the bell pepper bottom as the nose in the center and the mini pepper halves toward the top as the ears. Arrange 1 celery stick as the mouth and the chives and remaining celery sticks as the whiskers.
- S4 2019
- Kid's Cook
- Calories 109kcal 5%
- Fat 5.5g 8%
- Saturated fat 2.7g 14%
- Carbs 12.7g 4%
- Sodium 382mg 16%
- 4.6g sugar
- 2.8g fiber
- 2.6g protein
- 14mg cholesterol