The sky’s the limit with these seaweed wraps that you can make your own by swapping in baby spinach for the cabbage or adding thinly sliced avocado.
- 8 oz skinless salmon fillet
- 2 medium kirby cucumbers
- ½ small head red cabbage
- ½ cup sesame-ginger dressing
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded (matchstick) carrots
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro
- 10 nori (seaweed) sheets
- Arrange the salmon in a microwave-safe dish and drizzle with 2 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 5 min., until cooked through. Uncover and cool slightly. Flake salmon into a medium bowl.
- While salmon cooks, cut the cucumbers into matchsticks. Very thinly slice the cabbage. In a medium bowl, whisk the sesame-ginger dressing and mayonnaise until smooth, then whisk in 2 tbsp water. Season with pepper.
- Arrange some carrot, cucumber, cabbage, salmon, and cilantro across center of 1 nori sheet. Roll up tightly and arrange seam-side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut wraps into halves. Serve with sauce.
Looking for some no-cook protein options? Replace the salmon with oil-packed tuna, rotisserie chicken, or precooked shrimp.
- May 2019
- Guiding Stars