Cooking the green beans along with the pasta saves you time in this vegetarian pasta dinner that also features almonds for unexpected crunch.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg medium shells
- 1 (12 oz) pkg trimmed and washed green beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 (4 oz) log goat cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook the shells according to package directions. Cut the green beans into halves and add to pot 2 min. before pasta is done cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium and add the onions. Cook 5 min., until golden, stirring often. Stir in the milk.
- Crumble the goat cheese into the skillet and cook 2 min., until melted, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan. Grate zest from the lemon into skillet.
- Drain shells and green beans well and toss with goat cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the almonds. Serve with lemon, if desired.
- Fifteen Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- June 2019