Blue potato chips add both patriotic flair and hefty crunch to these seaside-inspired appetizers.
- 3 (1 ¼ lbs each) medium lobsters
- 2 stalks celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 4 hot dog buns
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups blue potato chips
- To a large pot, add enough water to cover the bottom by 1 inch. Cover and heat to a boil on high. Add the lobsters to the pot and cover. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 14 min. Remove from pot and rinse with cold water to cool. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the celery. In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery salt, and celery.
- Pick and chop the lobster meat. Add lobster to bowl with mayonnaise and stir until well coated.
- Brush the cut sides of the buns with the melted butter and toast lightly. Cut each bun in half. Divide lobster salad among buns. Crush the potato chips and pile on top of lobster salad.
If you don’t want to cook your own lobsters, substitute with 1 lb pre-cooked lobster meat from the store.
- Guiding Stars
- June 2019