A colorful mix of potatoes gets a big flavor boost from tangy, mustard-laced hot dog relish and sweet cider vinegar.
- 2 (24 oz) bags Nature's Promise Organic Baby Potato Medley
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup hot dog relish
- 1 small red bell pepper
- ½ (0.75 oz) pkg chives
- Halve the potatoes (or quarter, if larger) and add to a large pot. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Add the salt. Cover partially and heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat to maintain simmer. Cook 10 min., until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, and relish. Seed and finely chop the bell pepper.
- Drain potatoes well and add to bowl with dressing along with chopped red pepper. Toss until well coated. Cool slightly, then cover with plastic and refrigerate until completely cool. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Thinly slice the chives and fold into potato salad before serving.
- Guiding Stars
- June 2019