Bring the wow factor to your backyard bash with these ice cream sandwiches that are a cinch thanks to boxed cake mix.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box red velvet cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup red, white and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, with hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cake mix, oil, eggs, and salt until combined.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of dough onto the lined cookie sheets to form small mounds, spacing 2 inches apart (for a total of 24 cookies). Using damp fingers, smooth dough into 1½-inch-wide circles. Bake 12–14 min., until edges are set, switching pan position halfway through. Cool completely on pan on a wire rack.
- Scoop the ice cream onto half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Roll sides in the sprinkles. Freeze until ready to serve.
- June 2019