Rice mixes and mingles with grilled summer veggies and a tangy avocado dressing in this summertime side dish.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 large ears corn, shucked
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed cilantro, chopped
- In a medium pot, combine the rice and water. Season with salt. Heat to a boil on high. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 min. Remove from heat and let stand 5 min. Fluff with a fork and then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading out to cool.
- Meanwhile, set grill to medium. Cut the zucchini into ½-inch slices and toss with 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill 4 min. per side, until tender.
- Grill the corn 12 min., until lightly charred in spots, turning occasionally. Transfer zucchini and corn to cutting board.
- To make the dressing: Pit and peel the avocado. In a blender, purée the avocado, vinegar, lime juice, 2 tbsp water, and remaining 2 tbsp oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop zucchini. Cut corn kernels from cobs. In a large bowl, combine red onion, corn, zucchini, and rice. Gently fold in the dressing. Garnish with the cilantro.
- S5 2019
- Calories 302kcal 15%
- Fat 11.3g 17%
- Saturated fat 1.7g 8%
- Carbs 46.4g 15%
- Sodium 24mg <1%
- 5.3g sugar
- 4.0g fiber
- 6.0g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?