This easy, elegant appetizer contrasts sweet juicy figs with toasty, nutty cheese that’s golden on the outside and melty on the inside.
- 1 medium baguette
- 1 (8.8 oz) pkg halloumi cheese
- 6 fresh figs
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- Set grill to medium-high. Cut the baguette into ⅓-inch-thick slices. Grill 1–2 min. per side, until lightly toasted. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Pat the halloumi dry with paper towels and cut into 12 thin slices. Grill 1 min. per side, until well browned. Transfer to a cutting board and cut each slice into smaller squares. Place 1 on each slice of baguette.
- Quarter the figs lengthwise and divide figs among baguette slices. Using fork, drizzle honey over figs and season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Garnish with the basil.
Can’t find halloumi? Try looking for Mexican queso de freir, “frying cheese,” which can also be grilled.
- S5 2019
- Calories 236kcal 12%
- Fat 8.7g 13%
- Saturated fat 5.2g 26%
- Carbs 30.1g 10%
- Sodium 535mg 22%
- 12.0g sugar
- 2.0g fiber
- 10.6g protein
- 16mg cholesterol