These potatoes can be customized with your favorite add-ins and prepped the night before. Fried eggs make it a hearty meal that will fuel your whole family.
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (20 oz) pkg frozen shredded potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3–5 min., until golden, stirring often.
- Stir in the garlic powder and potatoes. Spread potatoes out in even layer and press down with a wide spatula. Cook 6–8 min., until browned on bottom, pressing down occasionally.
- With spatula, turn portions of potatoes over to brown other side. Press down into even layer. Cook another 5 min., until browned on bottom. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Transfer to a large plate, cover with plastic, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread hash browns out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in oven. Bake 10 min., until heated through. Divide hash browns among 4 plates.
- While potatoes reheat, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add the eggs. Cook 1–2 min., until whites are mostly set. Cover skillet and cook 2 min., until yolks are desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over hash browns.
In STEP 1 (cooking time might be 1 min. longer):
-Add ½ cup diced bell pepper and ¼ cup diced ham along with onion.
-Add 2 cups packed baby kale and spinach mix and 1 small zucchini, grated, along with onion.
- S7 2019
- Calories 305kcal 15%
- Fat 15.0g 23%
- Saturated fat 3.0g 15%
- Carbs 31.0g 10%
- Sodium 73mg 3%
- 1.0g sugar
- 4.0g fiber
- 10.0g protein
- 186mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?