Baked not fried, these crispy, crunchy handheld treats hide loads of veggies inside and are served with a sweet dipping sauce that makes them great for kids.
- Cooking spray
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (14 oz) pkg classic coleslaw mix
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup canned water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 egg roll wraps
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Coarsely grate the carrot on a box grater. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add carrots, coleslaw mix, and garlic. Cook 4–6 min., until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in water chestnuts and green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 egg roll wrap on a cutting board diagonally, like a diamond. Place about 3 tbsp filling down the center of the wrapper. Lightly moisten edges of wrapper with water. Fold wrapper bottom up over filling. Fold in both sides of wrapper. Fold down top to seal. Place on baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Coat egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake until tops are golden, about 8 min. Flip egg rolls and bake another 5 min., until golden brown. Let cool slightly and serve with the duck sauce.
- Guiding Stars
- September 2019