Let your kids take over in the kitchen with this meal that’s simple to prepare and even easier to scarf down.
- 1 (8.8 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Free from Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 cup guacamole
- Heat the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, stir together the chicken and salsa. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 2–3 min., until hot. Season to taste with salt.
- Onto center of 1 flour tortilla, spoon a quarter each of rice and chicken mixture. Top with 2 lettuce leaves and a quarter of guacamole. Fold in sides of tortilla. Fold up bottom of tortilla and then roll to close. Arrange seam-side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken, lettuce, and guacamole.
No microwave? If your kids are old enough, they can combine the chicken, salsa, and rice in a medium pot, along with 2 tbsp water and cook on medium heat, until hot, stirring often. Continue with STEP 3.
- S7 2019
- Kids Cook
- Calories 561kcal 28%
- Fat 21.0g 32%
- Saturated fat 5.0g 25%
- Carbs 58.0g 19%
- Sodium 1235mg 51%
- 6.0g sugar
- 10.0g fiber
- 34.0g protein
- 100mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?