Paprika brings smokiness to this satisfying soup that gets its heartiness from corn and rice.
- 1 (8 oz) box low-sodium yellow Spanish-style rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (32 oz) container low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Prepare the yellow rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat the oil on medium. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook 8–10 min., stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, paprika, and tomato paste. Season with salt. Cook 1–2 min., until garlic is golden, stirring often.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and corn. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 15 min. Season with salt to taste. To serve, stir in cooked rice.
Let everyone garnish their own bowl with cilantro, sour cream, or lime juice.
- S7 2019
- Calories 290kcal 15%
- Fat 6.0g 9%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 55.0g 18%
- Sodium 469mg 20%
- 10.0g sugar
- 6.0g fiber
- 8.0g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?