Pickled carrots add freshness to this dish that fuses Mexican tacos with Korean flavors.
- 1 (1-inch) chunk fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 (4 lbs) boneless pork shoulder
- ¼ cup Korean barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar, divided
- 1 cup shredded (matchstick) carrots
- 16 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Thinly slice the ginger. Cut the pork into 2-inch chunks, trimming off any excess fat. Add ginger and pork to slow cooker bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, garlic, miso paste, sesame oil, and ¼ cup rice wine vinegar. Pour over pork and toss until well coated. Cover and cook 6–8 hours on low, until tender.
- Fifteen minutes before ready to serve, in a small bowl, combine the carrots and remaining ¼ cup rice wine vinegar. Let stand.
- Transfer pork to a bowl. Shred pork and return to slow cooker bowl. Serve pork in tortillas, topped with pickled carrots and green onions.
Garnish with sesame seeds for another pop of nuttiness.
- S7 2019
- Calories 631kcal 32%
- Fat 36.6g 56%
- Saturated fat 11.9g 59%
- Carbs 37.4g 12%
- Sodium 820mg 34%
- 7.1g sugar
- 2.1g fiber
- 34.7g protein
- 121mg cholesterol