A blend of garlic, salt, and oregano, adobo seasoning brings huge flavor to this hearty shredded beef slow cooker dinner.
- 1 (2- 3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tsp adobo seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (10 oz) containers sliced onions and green peppers
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 4 cups cooked yellow rice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut the chuck roast into 3 equal-size chunks. Dry with paper towels, then season all over with the adobo seasoning.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add beef and cook 7–8 min., until browned on all sides. Transfer beef to slow cooker bowl.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium. Add the sliced onions, peppers, and garlic. Cook 3 min., stirring often. Add ¼ cup water to skillet and cook 1 min., stirring and scraping up any browned bits. Transfer contents of skillet to slow cooker bowl, along with the tomato sauce. Cover and cook 6–7 hours on low, until tender.
- Transfer beef to a bowl and shred. Return beef to slow cooker bowl and stir in the olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice. Garnish with cilantro.
- S7 2019
- Calories 620kcal 31%
- Fat 39.2g 60%
- Saturated fat 13.9g 69%
- Carbs 32.1g 11%
- Sodium 691mg 29%
- 7.7g sugar
- 2.2g fiber
- 32.7g protein
- 121mg cholesterol