The saltiness of the sea from the mussels flavors the tomato sauce while cooking. Serve with crusty bread or tossed with spaghetti.
- 2 (2 lb) bags Nature's Promise Free from Mussels
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ (26 oz) jar Nature's Promise Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup basil
- Scrub and debeard the mussels. In a very large Dutch oven, heat the oil on medium. Add the garlic and cook 1–2 min., until golden, stirring. Deglaze the pan with the wine and then stir in the pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- To pot, add mussels and cover. Cook 7–8 min., until mussels just open, shaking pot occasionally.
- Discard any unopened mussels. Finely chop the basil and sprinkle over mussels.
Serve with baguette for sopping up the delicious sauce.
- Savory October 2019
- 15 min
- Calories 485kcal 24%
- Fat 15.0g 23%
- Saturated fat 2.0g 10%
- Carbs 26.0g 9%
- Sodium 1560mg 65%
- 6.0g sugar
- 2.0g fiber
- 56.0g protein
- 127mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?