Low and slow cooking renders these eggs tender and fluffy, perfect for loading into tortillas and topping with your favorite taco garnishes.
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- 8 small (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Brush bottom and sides of the bowl of a 4- to 5-qt slow cooker with the butter. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on low 1–2 hours, stirring every 30 min., until eggs are set.
- Pit, peel, and thinly slice the avocado. Wrap the tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave 1 min., until warm.
- Stir the cheese into the eggs until melted. Spoon into tortillas. Top with avocado, some salsa, and cilantro.
- October 2019