Whether you call them subs, hoagies, grinders, or heros, they’re delicious! A zesty homemade red-pepper dressing takes them to the next level.
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large loaves Italian bread, split open
- ½ lb thinly sliced salami
- 2 (3 oz) pkgs prosciutto slices
- ½ lb thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the red peppers, Italian seasoning, oil, and red wine vinegar until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove some of the insides of the bread to make space for fillings, leaving ½-inch-thick walls. Spread some of red pepper dressing on bottoms. Top with the salami, prosciutto, and provolone.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and place over provolone. Top with the lettuce and then add bread tops. Press down firmly. Cut into 10 sandwiches and serve immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap for up to 5 hours before cutting and serving.
- Savory October 2019
- Calories 535kcal 27%
- Fat 26.3g 40%
- Saturated fat 9.2g 46%
- Carbs 48.9g 16%
- Sodium 1500mg 63%
- 2.2g sugar
- 3.2g fiber
- 23.4g protein
- 52mg cholesterol