In this updated Italian-American favorite, thefettuccine cooks directly in the sauce, where its starches help thicken the creamy alfredo.
- 3 cups Nature's Promise® Low-Sodium Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp butter, cut up
- 12 oz fettuccine, broken into halves
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large slow cooker, stir together the broth and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken. Cover and cook on low 5–7 hours, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Set slow cooker to high. Transfer 2 tbsp broth mixture to a small bowl and stir in the cornstarch until smooth. Return mixture to slow cooker and add the milk and butter. Stir in the fettuccine and crushed red pepper. Add the broccoli on top. Cover and cook 45–60 min., stirring halfway through, until fettuccine is al dente.
- While pasta cooks, shred the chicken. Stir into cooked fettuccine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Parmesan to serve.
Slow cookers can vary in terms of heat level. If your sauce seems watery, with tongs, transfer chicken, broccoli, and pasta to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Transfer cooking liquid to a small pot and simmer until reduced and slightly thickened.
- October 2019
- Guiding Stars