Great for more than just slaw, try nutrient-packed cabbage cooked with a variety of flavors like garlic and soy sauce in this stir-fry.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Finely chop the garlic. Core the cabbage. Thinly slice cabbage and onion. Chop the chicken into ½-inch chunks.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the chicken. Cook 5–6 min., until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- To same skillet, add onion. Cook 2 min., stirring often. Reduce heat to medium. Add the cabbage, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar. Cook 3–4 min., until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken back to skillet and cook 2 min., until chicken is cooked through, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over cooked rice.
For easy moo shu wraps, swap out the rice for flour tortillas and serve with hoisin sauce.
- Budget Friendly
- November 2019
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals