Thicker than spaghetti with a nifty hollow center, bucatini is the perfect pasta to soak up every bit of this classic Roman tomato sauce.
- 4 oz diced pancetta or bacon
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed peeled tomatoes
- 1 lb De Cecco Bucatini no. 15
- ¼ cup grated pecorino cheese
- Heat a 12-inch skillet greased with olive oil on medium. Add the pancetta and cook 4 min., until crisp and golden, stirring often.
- Stir in the crushed red pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and cook 15–20 min., until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Add the bucatini, stirring occasionally. Cook 9 min. for al dente. Drain well.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss vigorously with tongs to coat. Cook 2 min. on medium, until pasta is evenly coated. Add the pecorino and stir well. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by De Cecco Pasta
- Savory November 2019
- take 5
- guiding star
- Calories 575kcal 29%
- Fat 11.0g 17%
- Saturated fat 4.0g 20%
- Carbs 96.0g 32%
- Sodium 677mg 28%
- 13.0g sugar
- 8.0g fiber
- 25.0g protein
- 21mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?