These delicious bars feature all the flavors of a crumb-topped apple pie--now in a handheld version.
- Baking spray
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 10 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, room temperature and divided
- 3 large apples
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp apple pie spice, divided
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Nature's Promise Organic Quick Oats
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and coat with baking spray.
- To a food processor, add 1½ cups flour, 8 tbsp (½ cup) granulated sugar, and ½ cup (1 stick) butter. Pulse until dough holds together. Press dough into pan in even layer. Use a fork to poke small holes in dough. Bake 20–25 min., until golden.
- Meanwhile, peel, core, and finely dice the apples. In a large bowl, toss with remaining 2 tbsp granulated sugar, cornstarch, 2 tsp apple pie spice, and salt. Arrange apples over shortbread in single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup flour, remaining ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, and remaining 1 tsp apple pie spice with the oats and brown sugar. Using clean hands, mix together until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle crumble mixture over apples and bake 28–32 min., until topping is golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting into 20 bars.
- Savory November 2019
- Fall Desserts
- random acts of kindness
- Calories 163kcal 8%
- Fat 7.2g 11%
- Saturated fat 4.4g 22%
- Carbs 23.9g 8%
- Sodium 10mg <1%
- 12.1g sugar
- 1.3g fiber
- 1.6g protein
- 18mg cholesterol