Consider replacing your traditional pumpkin pie with this dessert that uses all the same warm spices and canned pumpkin but pairs them with an ultra-fluffy, creamy cheesecake base.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ¼ cups sugar, divided
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly wrap bottom and sides of pan with a layer of foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir in the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press evenly into the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a stand mixer or with hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until just incorporated. Add the pumpkin purée, sour cream, extract, and remaining 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Beat until smooth. Pour batter over crust.
- Bake cheesecake 50–60 min., until center is just set. Remove foil. Run a paring knife around rim to release sides of cheesecake from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing rim. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
UPGRADE: Decorate the top of the cheesecake with dollops of whipped cream.
- November 2019