The bold flavor of Mexican sausage is balanced by the freshness of baby kale and a crowd-pleasing base of pasta.
- 1 (16 oz) box rigatoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 links (about 12 oz) fresh Mexican-style chorizo, casings removed
- ½ (1 lb) pkg baby kale
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the rigatoni according to package directions, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet on medium. Add the chorizo and cook 5–6 min., until browned, breaking up with back of spoon.
- Stir the kale into skillet. Cook 3–5 min., stirring occasionally, until greens are wilted and chorizo is fully cooked.
- To skillet, add rigatoni and toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with the Parmesan.
- Fifteen Minutes
- 5 Ingredients
- November 2019
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes