While you may have encountered tahini, aka sesame paste, mostly in savory dishes, its nuttiness and toasty flavor are also outstanding in desserts like this fruit tart.
- 3 Granny Smith apples (about 1¼ lbs)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 (17.3 oz) pkg frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- ¼ cup apple jelly
- ½ cup caramel dessert sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel, core, and cut the apples into very thin slices. In a large bowl, toss apples with the sugar, cinnamon, and extract.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Unfold the puff pastry sheets and place snugly on baking sheet, gently pressing the edges together along longer sides to make 1 large sheet.
- Arrange apples in rows on puff pastry, leaving a ½-inch border of pastry on all sides. Bake 30–35 min., until apples are tender and tart is golden brown.
- Microwave the jelly until runny. Brush jelly over apples. In a medium bowl, whisk the caramel sauce and tahini until smooth. Drizzle tahini caramel sauce over the tart before serving.
Top with a pinch of flaky sea salt, like Maldon.
- Savory November 2019
- Calories 480kcal 24%
- Fat 22.8g 35%
- Saturated fat 6.4g 32%
- Carbs 63.3g 21%
- Sodium 169mg 7%
- 35.8g sugar
- 2.1g fiber
- 6.5g protein
- 10mg cholesterol