How does creamed corn get even better? With the addition of melty sharp Cheddar, of course.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage + small whole leaves for garnish
- 1 ½ (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 (16 oz) bags Nature's Promise Organic Frozen Yellow Cut Corn, thawed
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (made with 2% milk), divided
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2½-qt baking dish.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter on medium-low. Add the garlic and minced sage. Cook 1 min., stirring constantly. Add the cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring often. Whisk in the milk until combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the corn and 2 cups Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20 min., until bubbling. Broil 1–2 min., until golden brown on top. Let stand at least 15 min. before serving. Garnish with the chives and sage leaves.
- Savory November 2019
- Calories 578kcal 29%
- Fat 38.3g 59%
- Saturated fat 21.8g 109%
- Carbs 33.7g 11%
- Sodium 894mg 37%
- 5.8g sugar
- 2.7g fiber
- 29.6g protein
- 121mg cholesterol