The sweetness of fig preserves complements the richness of nutty manchego, one of Spain’s most popular cheeses.
- 1 large baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz manchego cheese
- ¾ cup fig spread or preserves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut the baguette on an angle into ½-inch-thick slices. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with the oil. Toast 8–10 min., until crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grate the manchego cheese. When crostini are cool enough to handle, spread a thin layer of the jam on each piece. Return crostini to baking sheet and top with manchego. Bake 6–8 min., until cheese melts.
- Season with coarsely ground black pepper. To serve, garnish with the parsley.
- November 2019
- Five Ingredients
- 5 ingredients