Using slices of sweet potato amps up the fiber, nutrients, and flavor in these sliders. Zucchini keeps the lean chicken burgers moist while chipotle mayo brings zing.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 ¾- 2 lbs), scrubbed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 (16 oz) Nature's Promise® Free from ground chicken breast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ⅓ cup chipotle mayonnaise
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Trim and discard the ends off the sweet potatoes and cut into ½-inch-thick rounds.
- On a large parchment-lined baking sheet, toss the 16 largest sweet potato slices with 1 tbsp oil. Arrange in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Bake 25 min., until tender, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grate the zucchini and place in a large bowl, along with the ground chicken, garlic powder, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and form into 8 ¼-inch-thick patties.
- In a 12-inch nonstick pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add patties and cook 2–3 min. per side, until cooked through.
- Place chicken sliders on half of roasted sweet potato slices. Divide the mayonnaise among sliders. Tear lettuce leaves and place on sliders. Top with remaining sweet potato slices.
- In Season
- November 2019
- Guiding Stars