Using a pre-baked crust helps cut the cook time of these delicious flatbreads in half. Serve this for dinner, lunch, or cut up into smaller squares as an elegant appetizer.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 4 rectangular pre-baked flatbread crusts
- 3 green onions
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 cups (about 8 oz) grated Gruyere cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Halve the sweet potato lengthwise and cut into very thin slices. Add to a microwave-safe medium bowl along with 3 tbsp water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 3–4 min., until mostly tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, arrange the flatbreads on a foil-lined baking sheet. Thinly slice the green onions and add half to a medium bowl. Stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread sour cream all over flatbreads.
- Divide the cheese among flatbreads. Top with sweet potato slices. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and remaining green onions.
- Bake 10–15 min., until bottoms of crusts are golden brown. Cut into slices to serve.
Use a mandoline for the thinnest, most even sweet potato slices.
- Savory November 2019
- In Season
- sweet potato
- Calories 821kcal 41%
- Fat 34.3g 53%
- Saturated fat 17.2g 86%
- Carbs 83.7g 28%
- Sodium 826mg 34%
- 4.5g sugar
- 9.2g fiber
- 41.3g protein
- 95mg cholesterol