While you’re preparing Thanksgiving dinner, keep kids busy with this candy-filled craft.
- Light brown, dark brown, red, yellow, and orange construction paper
- Markers and glue stick
- 4 small clear disposable cups
- 2 cups chocolate-covered peanuts, almonds, or raisins
- Cut four 1½-inch-diameter circles from light brown paper. Let children draw turkey faces (two eyes, beak, wattle) on circles with pen or markers. Using glue stick, glue circles onto cups. Let dry.
- Fill cups with chocolate candies. Cut 2- to 3-inch-long (½-inch-wide) strips from each remaining construction paper color.
- Let children write what they are grateful for on the strips of paper, then insert them into the candy toward the back of the plastic cup to form tail feathers.
- Savory November 2019
- Kid's Cook
- Calories 387kcal 19%
- Fat 25.0g 38%
- Saturated fat 10.9g 54%
- Carbs 37.0g 12%
- Sodium 31mg 1%
- 28.0g sugar
- 3.5g fiber
- 9.8g protein
- 7mg cholesterol