Keep flavor powerhouses like ground ginger and nutty sesame oil on hand to whip up quick weeknight meals like this one-pan dinner.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ (10 oz) bag matchstick (shredded) carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn and peas, thawed
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Free from Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Cut the chicken into ½-inch cubes. In a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add chicken. Season with the ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook the chicken 6–8 min., until golden and cooked through, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- To same skillet, add remaining 1 tbsp canola oil and carrots. Cook 2 min., stirring often. Add the corn and peas.
- Break up the brown rice in the bag and add to skillet, along with the soy sauce, sesame oil, and chicken. Cook 2–3 min., until rice is hot, stirring often.
Store sesame oil in the refrigerator to keep it fresher longer. Let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before using.
- 3 for $10
- Savory December 2019
- fried rice
- Calories 675kcal 34%
- Fat 16.7g 26%
- Saturated fat 2.3g 12%
- Carbs 95.3g 32%
- Sodium 413mg 17%
- 2.6g sugar
- 6.2g fiber
- 34.8g protein
- 73mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?