Figs bring a unique sweetness to this classic cinnamon-scented dish featuring egg noodles.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12 oz) pkg wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 oz) container Nature's Promise Organic Turkish Figs, stems removed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (16 oz) container small curd cottage cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ (8 oz) pkg reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F and coat a 3-qt baking dish with the cooking spray. Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
- Coat kitchen shears with cooking spray and use shears to snip the figs into little pieces. Transfer to a large bowl and toss together with the eggs, cottage cheese, sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add noodles, folding until well coated.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 20 min. until custard is set. Uncover and keep baking until top is golden brown, another 20–25 min. Let sit 10 min. before slicing and serving.
- Savory December 2019
- cottage cheese
- dried figs
- Calories 317kcal 16%
- Fat 10.1g 16%
- Saturated fat 4.5g 23%
- Carbs 42.4g 14%
- Sodium 264mg 11%
- 17.2g sugar
- 2.0g fiber
- 14.3g protein
- 147mg cholesterol