All the familiar flavors of your favorite gingerbread cookie—molasses, ginger, clove—now in a gluten-free package everyone can enjoy.
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut up and at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp unsulphured molasses
- 2 tbsp milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar 2–3 min., until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to low. In batches, slowly add dry ingredients until just combined.
- Shape dough into a ball and divide in half. Place half the dough on a sheet of plastic wrap, then tightly wrap the dough, squeezing and pressing to make a smooth log about 10 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. Repeat with remaining dough. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice the dough into ½-inch-thick rounds and place on cookie sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake 18–20 min., until edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, molasses, and milk until a smooth glaze forms. Drizzle the glaze on cooled cookies.
- Savory December 2019
- Cookie Swap
- Calories 182kcal 9%
- Fat 6.3g 10%
- Saturated fat 3.9g 20%
- Carbs 31.0g 10%
- Sodium 16mg <1%
- 16.3g sugar
- 0.2g fiber
- 1.0g protein
- 16mg cholesterol