The toasty nuttiness of sesame oil and sesame seeds update this classic side dish. Packaged French beans mean the prep is all done for you.
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs Pero Family Farms French Beans
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Add the French beans and cook 2–3 min., until tender-crisp. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool. Drain well and set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, combine the oil and shallots. Season with salt. Cook on medium 3 min., until shallots are translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the butter and cook 3–4 min., until butter is light golden brown and fragrant, stirring often.
- To skillet, add the almonds and cook 2–3 min., until golden brown, stirring often. Stir in the lemon juice and French beans. Cook 2 min., until beans are well coated and heated through, tossing frequently. Season with salt. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with the sesame seeds.
To make ahead: Follow step 1 up to 1 day ahead. Wrap French beans in paper towels and refrigerate in resealable plastic bag.
- Savory December 2019
- guiding star
- Calories 138kcal 7%
- Fat 11.0g 17%
- Saturated fat 4.0g 20%
- Carbs 9.0g 3%
- Sodium 52mg 2%
- 4.0g sugar
- 3.0g fiber
- 3.0g protein
- 15mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?