This vegetarian soup is a cinch to make. Feel free to swap out spinach for other greens, like peppery watercress or hearty kale.
- 2 qts low-sodium vegetable broth
- ⅔ cup uncooked orzo
- 2 lemons
- 1 (10 oz) container diced carrots
- ½ (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Baby Spinach
- To a large saucepot, add the broth. Cover and heat to a boil on high. Add the orzo and cook, uncovered, until almost al dente according to package directions, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, from the lemons, grate 1 tsp zest and squeeze 3 tbsp juice. When orzo is mostly cooked, add the carrots. In several batches, add the spinach, stirring until wilted. Cook until carrots are tender, 6–8 min.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice. Ladle into bowls to serve.
- Savory December 2019
- take 5
- Calories 185kcal 9%
- Fat 1.0g 2%
- Saturated fat 0.0g <1%
- Carbs 39.0g 13%
- Sodium 354mg 15%
- 7.0g sugar
- 7.0g fiber
- 6.0g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?