Low-carb zucchini noodles soak up a Japanese-inspired vinaigrette for the perfect side to these sweet and savory salmon patties.
- 1 ¼ lbs salmon fillets, skins removed
- 2 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 (16 oz) pkg squash noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 100% whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- Cut the salmon into ½-inch chunks. Add half of salmon to a food processor along with the Greek yogurt, green onions, and 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until pasty.
- Add remaining salmon chunks and pulse until salmon is finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Using wet hands, form into 4 patties. Place on a parchment-lined plate and freeze 10 min.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the squash noodles, 1 tbsp sesame oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil on medium. Add salmon patties and cook 3-4 min. per side, until cooked to desired doneness. Brush patties with remaining 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce. Serve on the buns with the lettuce and zucchini salad.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2020
- Egg Free