A little bacon goes a long way used as seasoning in this mostly vegetarian dish.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, very finely chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans Nature's Promise Organic No Salt Added Black Beans, undrained
- In a large pot, combine the oil, bacon, and onions. Cook 6–7 min., until bacon is browned, stirring often.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Season with salt. Cook 2 min., until garlic is golden, stirring often.
- Add the tomato sauce, broth, and beans. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 15–20 min., until thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with salt to taste.
Garnish with your favorite chili toppings like cilantro, sour cream, or shredded Cheddar.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2020
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free