Broccoli is transformed into a nutrient-rich pesto sauce, and rotini is the perfect pasta vehicle to hold it all.
- 1 lb whole-grain rotini pasta
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 small clove garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook the rotini according to package directions, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid before draining
- Meanwhile, microwave the broccoli 2 min., until thawed. Add to a food processor, along with the basil, Parmesan, and garlic. Pulse until very finely chopped. Add the oil and lemon juice. Pulse until mostly smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the pesto. Add reserved cooking liquid ¼ cup at a time, as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minute
- January 2020
- guiding star
- 15 minute
- Egg Free