Bring Bourbon Street to your table with this hearty dinner featuring the “Cajun holy trinity” of peppers, onion, and celery.
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 ½ cups chopped celery
- 2 tbsp salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Free from Whole Grain Brown Rice
- Seed and finely chop the bell peppers. In a medium heavy-bottom pot, heat the oil on medium. Add the onion, celery, peppers, and Cajun seasoning. Cook 5–7 min., until onion is tender, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into ½-inch chunks. To pot, stir in the garlic and tomato paste. Cook 1 min. Add the stewed tomatoes, chicken, and ¼ cup water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender, 10–15 min.
- Heat the rice according to package directions. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over rice.
This recipe is
- Savory February March 2020
- Calories 486kcal 24%
- Fat 12.0g 18%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 61.0g 20%
- Sodium 328mg 14%
- 7.0g sugar
- 7.0g fiber
- 32.0g protein
- 83mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?