Inspired by an iconic Hollywood invention, this pizza skips the typical red sauce in lieu of tangy sour cream and lots of fresh herbs.
- 1 (16 oz) ball pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 oz sliced smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat pizza stone or large cookie sheet in 450°F oven. Meanwhile, let the pizza dough stand at room temperature until soft and pliable.
- Stretch and roll out dough to 11- to 12-inch circle. Place on a large sheet of parchment. Top with the cheese and red onion, leaving 1-inch rim. Brush rim with the olive oil.
- Using parchment, carefully transfer pizza onto preheated pizza stone or pan, leaving pizza on parchment. Bake 15–17 min., until golden brown on bottom. To serve, dollop with the sour cream and top with the smoked salmon. Garnish with the dill and chives.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2020
- Egg Free