Crisp-tender green beans are seasoned with fresh Italian flavors and topped with crunchy almonds.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1 lb fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
- ¾ cup (½ inch diced) red bell pepper
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- ½ cup chopped Mariani slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh basil
- Melt butter in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, vinegar and sea salt to skillet and bring to a boil. Stir in green beans and cover skillet. Reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes. Remove lid and add bell pepper; cook until excess liquid has cooked off and green beans are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Season with pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan, almonds and basil.
Recipe provided by Mariani
- Guiding Stars