This 5-ingredient take on linguine carbonara still features crispy bacon and sharp Italian cheese, but adds caramelized tomato paste for a unique twist on the Roman classic.
- 1 lb linguine
- 5 slices Nature's Promise® Free from Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- ¾ cup finely grated pecorino
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the linguine according to package directions, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, chop the bacon and add to a 10-inch skillet on medium-high. Cook 6–7 min., until crisp, stirring often.
- In a very large bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked bacon to paper towel–lined plate.
- To skillet with bacon fat, add the tomato paste and cook on medium-high 1–2 min., until paste is browned, stirring and scraping constantly. Remove from heat and stir into eggs.
- Stir the pecorino and reserved pasta water into eggs until well combined. Drain the linguine and immediately add to egg mixture, along with bacon. Toss together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe is
- April 2020
- Five Ingredient
- 5 ingredient
- Nut Free
- take 5
- guiding star