These Indian-inspired kebabs rely on a spiced yogurt marinade to both season and tenderize the chicken.
- 1 (2 inch) chunk fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 lemons
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Metal or soaked bamboo skewers
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Peel and finely grate the fresh ginger and garlic into a shallow dish. Add the yogurt, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and salt. From 1 lemon, squeeze 2 tbsp juice into mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cut the chicken into ¾-inch chunks. Add chicken to yogurt mixture, turning to coat. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate 2–4 hours, stirring once halfway through.
- Set grill to medium. Thread chicken onto skewers and wipe off excess marinade. Grill 12–15 min., until cooked through, turning occasionally. To serve, transfer to a serving platter. Scatter the onion on top. Cut up remaining lemon and squeeze juice over chicken.
Serve with naan or basmati rice.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- May 2020
- gluten free
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- eating together
- Egg Free