These flavor-packed chicken thighs are seasoned with sesame, soy sauce, and garlic and served in rice-filled lettuce cups for an easy but satisfying dinner.
- 1 (2 inch) chunk fresh ginger
- ½ cup gochujang or Korean BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 18 Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Peel and finely grate the ginger into a shallow dish. Add the gochujang, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- To dish, add the chicken thighs. Toss until well coated. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate 3–5 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package directions.
- Set grill to medium. Remove chicken from marinade, wiping off any excess. Grill chicken 5–7 min. per side, until cooked through. Let chicken rest 5 min., then thinly slice
- To eat, spoon rice into lettuce cup, then top with chicken and green onions.
For extra nutty flavor, garnish with sesame seeds.
Bottled sauces can vary in intensity and flavor. If using a Korean barbecue sauce instead of gochujang, start by whisking in only half of the ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and sugar and taste it. It should be intense but well-balanced. Stir in more of the seasoning as desired before adding the chicken.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Savory May 2020
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free
- Calories 469kcal 23%
- Fat 9.3g 14%
- Saturated fat 1.7g 9%
- Carbs 70.1g 23%
- Sodium 786mg 33%
- 14.4g sugar
- 5.1g fiber
- 26.2g protein
- 81mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?