The sweetness of honey makes this dinner kid-friendly, while the ease of the slow cooker makes it a slam dunk for parents.
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 (10 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise Organic Broccoli Florets
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, honey, and garlic to combine.
- Add the chicken to a 4- to 5-qt slow cooker and pour soy sauce mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on high 2 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- To slow cooker, add the broccoli. Cover and cook 1 hour longer, until broccoli is tender. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Serve over rice or quinoa.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- June 2020
- Nut Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free