A cross between your favorite cheesy appetizer and pizza, this quick vegetarian dinner is guaranteed to make the whole family happy.
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ (15 oz) container part-skim ricotta
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 lb ball pizza dough, thawed
- 1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichokes, drained and finely chopped
- ¾ cup finely grated Asiago cheese
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- Set grill to medium. Into a medium bowl, with garlic press, crush the garlic cloves. Stir in the ricotta and spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the dough into 2 halves. Stretch dough as thin as possible and shape into 2 rounds. Place dough rounds on grill. Cover and cook 3 min., until bottoms of crusts are golden brown.
- Turn pizza crusts over. Working quickly, dollop and spread ricotta mixture all over crusts. Sprinkle with the artichokes and Asiago cheese. Cover and grill 6–10 min., until bottoms of crusts are deep golden brown.
- Transfer pizzas to a cutting board. Garnish with the basil.
For the easiest dough-stretching, let the pizza dough sit out at room temperature an hour before stretching.
This recipe is
- plant powered
- June 2020
- Nut Free
- Egg Free