Delight and wow all your fellow campers by using the heat of your campfire (or grill) and some foil to toast up this crowd-pleasing stuffed bread.
- 1 medium loaf Italian bread
- ½ (7 - to 8 oz) container prepared pesto
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heavy duty foil
- Slice along entire length of the loaf of bread, cutting almost all the way to the bottom but leaving about ½ inch uncut so slices remain attached.
- Spread the pesto in between slices. Stuff the Cheddar in between slices. Wrap entire loaf in heavy-duty foil and place over fire, 4–5 min. for a very hot fire and 8–10 min. for a cooler fire, until bread toasts and cheese melts.
- Carefully unwrap and serve.
No campfire? Use a wood-burning fire pit instead or grill foil-wrapped bread over medium heat, covered, 10–15 min., turning over halfway through.
This recipe is
- July/Aug 2020
- Egg Free