A quick turn on the grill and fresh tomatoes make this deli-inspired classic perfect for summer.
- 8 slices rye bread
- ½ lb thinly sliced lower-sodium turkey
- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained
- 8 deli slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese (8 oz)
- 8 thin tomato slices
- Heavy-duty foil
- ¼ cup Thousand Island or Russian dressing (on the side)
- Set grill or grill pan to medium. Onto 4 slices of bread, layer the turkey, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and tomato. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly in heavy-duty foil. Place on grill and cook 2–3 min. per side, until cheese melts.
- To serve, unwrap sandwiches and cut into halves. Serve with the dressing on the side.
- July/Aug 2020
- Calories 415kcal 21%
- Fat 14.0g 22%
- Saturated fat 7.7g 39%
- Carbs 35.9g 12%
- Sodium 1203mg 50%
- 6.3g sugar
- 4.9g fiber
- 34.2g protein
- 41mg cholesterol